I've watched this "Dream for an Insomniac"at least a hundred times. Nobody really gets why I like it so much. It's not as though it is particularly well written or insightful, it just makes me feel kind of warm inside. Frankie and David Shrader. she is hopeless, negative, overly sensitive and romantic. He is perfect for her- what's not to like? Frankie's world is full of sleepless nights, Frank Sinatra music and black and white monotany. When David comes in to her store, her world is full of color.
quotes that I like:
David Shrader: "Life can only be understood backwards."
( a quote by Soren Kilkegaard... true nonetheless)
Frankie "Sometimes I study the trivial pursuit cards."
( I like this bc I do this too. ssshhhh)
David Shrader: "There are too many mediocre things in life to deal with, love shouldn't be one of them."
( so true, David, so true.)
Frankie " Anything less than mad passionate extraordinary love is a waste of your time"
(Ah Frankie... you romantic. )
Its' cheesy, it's predictable, it takes me to a happy place.
the new house
3 years ago




4 comments:
I haven't even seen it, but that's probably not a surprise to you.
I've known this is one of your all time favorites for years & years now...I am putting it on my netflix list right now.
Steph- You watched this with me when I was pregnant. I don't think you were impressed.. ha ha. Let me know what you think. I didn't say it was well written or uncheesy. hugs.
how many times do you think we have watched it?? that is on the list, ( the things that remind me of my sister list its really long by the way)
Post a Comment