CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

adventures in motherhood

1. For years D and I have been using the phrase " paying the piper" when we talk to freckles. We say things like,"after all these months of stuffing things under your bed, today it's time to pay the piper and clean it out" or " remember when you used a nasty tone of voice to your sister.. one day you will pay the piper". I told her that today about studying her spelling words for her test on Friday and she said " I HATE THAT PIPER-- WHO IS HE ANYWAY?!? I DON'T WANT TO PAY HIM ONE CENT!!! I had to laugh, because I hate the piper too.

2. After potty-training for a few months, my little one has finally gotten the hang of it. However, I thought it wise to put a diaper on her for the plane ride from Indiana last week. After we arrived at DIA, we got our bags and waited for D to come pick us up. It was amidst the turmoil by carousel 8 that C announced that she needed to potty. I told her that she had on a diaper and it would be ok if she just went "right here". So she did. when I turned back around her pants and diaper were down around her ankles and she was going "right here" next to carousel 8. I stood there contemplating my options. I could a) leave the ten-year-old standing in baggage claim with three suitcases, three carryons, a purse, a carseat and a stroller while I run through the terminal or b) try to take everything with me. I chose a and c and I made a run for it. We were too late of course and she ( and I) was soaked. For those of you who wondered what I did about the pee pee on the floor... nothing. I did nothing. We walked quickly away.

3 comments:

stephrudolph said...

Cheap entertainment those two. I guess in the long run, a movie would be cheaper entertainment, but going to the movies doesn't get you mother's day gifts. :)

Christine Butler said...

ha ha, too funny! I would have walked away as well. Recently I did, when Andres fell asleep on a couch at a night activity at church and we didn't notice he was wet when I picked him up to leave. We didn't go back to tell anyone, justifying that they were already locking up the building...
Tell Maya that the piper will come. My brothers pick on me now for all the years I was nasty to them. And they are forever bigger than me now, that will never change!

kymmcs said...

I still say you should have covered it with newspaper. That seems to fix everything.