Here are my picks for 2010 so far ----new things that I love and old favorites. yes, it is kinda random, but I am kinda random I guess.
Best new gift:
Iphone case and wallet. Mine is red and beloved. Merry Christmas to me.
Best new read: 
This is a Christian Fiction book. This genre is new to me, but I loved the "realness" of the emotions and the continuing references to trusting God in all things.
Best way to eat my veggies- makato ginger dressing.
I always loved the salads at the Japanese steak houses, but other ginger dressings weren't quite right. this is heaven. Pour on salads or use as dip with carrots. yum.
Best place for lunch in town: Shugas

This trendy little cafe, Shugas, has the best ambiance and food around. I love the hundreds of paper cranes hanging from the ceiling and the coconut shrimp soup.
Best Dinner in town: B & E filling station
B & E filling station in Palmer Lake is to die for. I had a fantastic dinner with a charming friend with a glass of wine and delicious dinner. I had the almond encusted salmon with sun dried tomato, she had the bacon wrapped tenerloin.... and then we had desert-- chocolate torte. yum.
Best thing on my TiVO: LOST
It's confusing
It's the final season
Best place to eat with kids: Chick -fil- A
Best place to eat with kids: Chick -fil- A
A new restaurant opened by my house. I like the clean playground and breakfast menu--chicken nuggets and biscuits and gravy. We have already had many playdates there. Best Workout: Zumba
I started going to zumba this summer. It is aerobic exercise disguised as latin dance and hip hop. Love love love to go. I go Monday, Wednesday and Thursday to classes at the YMCA. When I first started I was winded after about 15 minutes. Now I love love going and feel exhilerated afterwards! click on the icon to learn more...Favorite restaurant: jack n grill
Jack N Grill is the family favorite. I like the vaquero ( bbq) beef tacos. The calabacitas and queso are to die for and pretty much everything is delicious. It has totally been worth the hour drive to Denver every time. However, I am pleased to anounce that they have opened a new location on Denver's south side that is about 15 minutes closer. Yum. click on the pic to see the menuFavorite treat that I like to make: caramel pull aparts
If you have stayed at my house, you have probably had these. I love making them and really love eating them. If you haven't had them, come visit. I am also happy to pass along the simple recipe... I am pretty sure they are zero calorie and zero fat.
Favorite new Snack: Dry roasted Edamame from my new favorite store sunflower market.
If you have stayed at my house, you have probably had these. I love making them and really love eating them. If you haven't had them, come visit. I am also happy to pass along the simple recipe... I am pretty sure they are zero calorie and zero fat.Favorite new Snack: Dry roasted Edamame from my new favorite store sunflower market.
Favorite Dirty Little Secret: Desperate Housewives
The obsession started when I was invited to a DHW party and was totally confused on what was happening. I promptly went to blockbuster and got season 1. I am now finishing the 4th season and am an unofficial neighbor on Wisteria Lane. (Stop judging me)
The obsession started when I was invited to a DHW party and was totally confused on what was happening. I promptly went to blockbuster and got season 1. I am now finishing the 4th season and am an unofficial neighbor on Wisteria Lane. (Stop judging me)Best new Coffee Shop-- coffee and Tea zone- rockrimmon

This show, for those of you who may not know, is a current events comedy show. The first one I ever heard had the speical guest Tony Shaloub ( Monk). I was immediately hooked. I am trying to get on the show, but am not having luck. I want to win Carl Castle's voice on my answering machine. The whole thing makes me laugh.
Favorite new song to take to gym:

We first went there with our dear friends, the Elders, but since have met many friends there for after school treats. Our newest favorite is the BOBA tea. We get the Almond chai boba. YUM. Those big black bubbles ( they are tapioca) took a while to get used to the first time we started chewing, but are a super fun treat now.
Favorites on the IPOD: podcast
This show, for those of you who may not know, is a current events comedy show. The first one I ever heard had the speical guest Tony Shaloub ( Monk). I was immediately hooked. I am trying to get on the show, but am not having luck. I want to win Carl Castle's voice on my answering machine. The whole thing makes me laugh. Favorite new song to take to gym:
( ok so I like songs with my name in them...)
Favorite CD:
click the album cover to see her website.
click the album cover to see her website.Francesca Battistelli: Free to be me
'Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
got a couple rips in my jeans
try to fit the pieces together
but perfection is my enemy
but perfection is my enemy
on my own I'm so clumsy
but on YOUR shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me
I'm free to be me






2 comments:
Ahh...Suga's I have the best memories of that place...and of your pull apart caramel cake.
Next time we talk - remind me to tell you about a place here that you would love - remind me lost & bar.
great list , these are some of my fave things too!!!!
Post a Comment