March 22,2011
When I was in college at IU, I worked at Hoosier Courts PreSchool. My roomates worked there and I thought it might be an easy job. At the time, I didnt really like kids, I never wanted to have any and was dead set on heading to law school when I graduated. Hoosier courts changed me. I loved seeing a place where kids were encouraged to learn through play and everyday was something new and stimulating for them. I fell in love with those precious children and found myself working more and more hours. I had a way with those little people and it energized me to be with them. Staci told me that I would make a good teacher one day. I wasnt so sure. I was so sure that I was supposed to join my dad's law practice, that I didn't consider education as a viable option. My roomates, staci and bethany convinced me to take an education class. I loved it. Hoosier courts changed the course of my life. I am a natural teacher. It was what I was supposed to do all along. When I visit, I still see the spark in those children's eyes and the magic of that place in the air. Tuesday, we visited Staci's classroom and my own children played all day. It is a wonderful place.
Go Hoosiers!!!!











1 comments:
I didn't realize that the daycare played such a big role in your life - I knew it was important to you, but guess I didn't realize it was such a catalyst for change.
Post a Comment