CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Encounters with nature

We have quite the wildlife around us. Here are our favorite pictures of the bears in our back yard. These were taken in 2005, but we were so close, it was AMAZING! There were two cubs in our backyard tree.
They were climbing on Maya's swingset- a good 10 feet from our back deck.

This guy was actually standing at the street corner waiting to cross. I stoped for a photo and it didn't even phase him.
This guy scared me to death last week. He was right outside the laundry room window napping. By the time I got my camera he was on the move. My foot is in the picture so show how close he let us get. Keep in mind, I had Freckles and Cookie with me making noise and weren't bothering him in the least.

3 comments:

stephrudolph said...

I love that you guys have so much wildlife right in your yard...though it always goes through my mind as I'm walking form the car to your house when I visit. I don't get much of that in my "front yard" so I'm always a little out of my comfort zone. :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love coming to your neighborhood!! But I would be freaked out to let the kids play outside!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

WELCOME HOME!!! Can't wait to see & hear about the trip!!!!!