she is really growing up. she picks out her own clothes and has posters on her walls. she knows popular expressions and famous people. she went to camp this weekend and wasn't even homesick. Now, the rest of the family missed her a ton. After we dropped her off with her luggage and sleeping bag, we went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. It hadn't even been an hour without big sissy,when Cookie said," We go pick Maya up now." Little sissy must have asked us a dozen times over the three days Maya was gone. We all agreed that life was better with Maya. However, when we told her this, she said, " That's funny. I didn't miss you guys at all, I was too busy having fun." I guess that is how it is supposed to be. Camp was a great experience for her. We heard all the way home about outdoor survival, canoeing, archery, the climbing wall, Bible lessons and new friends. How could she be this old?
*********************Meanwhile at Home************
Little cookie loves "diggers" so we went to the special Library event to see some. She wasn't as interested as we had hoped.

On Saturday afternoon we hiked in Garden of the gods park. We had a super time.. the weather was great and the views were incredible. the only negative thing was the whining from one member of our party who wanted to be carried. no it wasn't Dane. or me. Apparently cookie only likes to hike if she gets to ride in the backpack the whole time.


we ended up taking Rampart Range road into the mountains for a late afternoon drive. I am sad to say that this was my first time to do this drive. We had so much fun and ended up in Woodland Park for mexican food. Of course, we all had to admit that it would have been better with our little camper with us. Welcome home, Girl.




4 comments:
I can't even believe it. Wasn't today amazing & beautiful and sad at the same time? I just can't believe this is the "season" of life we are in. The Kairos.
Love you, girl
Even though I already knew all about this weekend, it makes it even more real getting to see the photos. I can't wait to see this new area on my visit. I'll call you today because I'm ready to buy my tickets - it's been TOOO long.
Oh yes CAMP ROCKS!! We all had a marvelous time!! Did she tell you all abot "Alaskan Baseball" - gross and fun all at the same time. It was hard for me that Conner was at camp - and I was there!! How pathetic am I!?!? I think it's just another chapter that has come to an end. But this new chapter is very exciting!!! Great to see and hear how God met each of the campers here and can't wait until next year!!
I kind of want to join your family.
Post a Comment