Here are a few things you should know about me.
I fixate on things. I get some new hobby or interest in my head and i don't lose it. I spend all my time thinking about it and working on it. these flights of fancy are usually short lived and I move to the next fixations. also, I don't like to be scared and am a huge chicken. and last, I was 35 before I saw my first real horror movie. horror movies are now my new thing.
1. D and I started with Friday the 13th. the original. It was incredibly campy ( get it.. the kids were at camp). We had to actually buy this movie because there were none available to rent. We watched in the living room on the couch, which meant it was open behind me. I spent the whole night looking to see if anyone was sneaking up on me. I did notice kevin Bacon and apart from him dying a horrible inpalement death, i enjoyed seeing him. I was scared to get up to go to the bathroom and made D go with me. I also made him sleep facing the door-- just in case.
2. One thing I noticed in Friday the 13th Part 2 was that if you sneak away from the group...you die. You even think about getting naked with someone....You die. If they haven't said your name on screen....you die. but if you think that the killer is dead...he isn't. he really really isn't. I guess when dealing with deranged killers, the best thing to do is whack off the head just to ensure they don't get up again. good job alice in part one.
3. Halloween was third. We watched rob Zombie's one from 2007. I sympathized with poor little michael Myers. I argued with D that since he didn't kill his baby sister and mother, there was still some good left in there. I felt sorry for him thinking he was ugly. I guess what I am saying is that I probably could have written myself in as the foster mother character who is axed in her newly remodeled bathroom by her new foster son, michael. D says Mike is pure evil and there is nothing to do but chain him up and or whack off his head. and while this is probably true, i hated to admit that this child was pure evil. yes its just a movie. I obsess. this is why horror is not my favorite genre. and that mask scares the crap out of me. am a chicken.
I fixate on things. I get some new hobby or interest in my head and i don't lose it. I spend all my time thinking about it and working on it. these flights of fancy are usually short lived and I move to the next fixations. also, I don't like to be scared and am a huge chicken. and last, I was 35 before I saw my first real horror movie. horror movies are now my new thing.
1. D and I started with Friday the 13th. the original. It was incredibly campy ( get it.. the kids were at camp). We had to actually buy this movie because there were none available to rent. We watched in the living room on the couch, which meant it was open behind me. I spent the whole night looking to see if anyone was sneaking up on me. I did notice kevin Bacon and apart from him dying a horrible inpalement death, i enjoyed seeing him. I was scared to get up to go to the bathroom and made D go with me. I also made him sleep facing the door-- just in case.
2. One thing I noticed in Friday the 13th Part 2 was that if you sneak away from the group...you die. You even think about getting naked with someone....You die. If they haven't said your name on screen....you die. but if you think that the killer is dead...he isn't. he really really isn't. I guess when dealing with deranged killers, the best thing to do is whack off the head just to ensure they don't get up again. good job alice in part one.I spent most of the time we were watching with my pillow over my face or reading IMDB for trivia and goofs. I liked to feel I had some control over what was going on in movie. so I'd say," See D.. that guy over there is actually the producer's nephew who wasn't supposed to be on teh set..." etc. it was incredibly annoying but helpful. this did not prevent me from screaming like a little girl everytime the killer jumped out from nowhere... even when I saw it coming. am such a girl.
3. Halloween was third. We watched rob Zombie's one from 2007. I sympathized with poor little michael Myers. I argued with D that since he didn't kill his baby sister and mother, there was still some good left in there. I felt sorry for him thinking he was ugly. I guess what I am saying is that I probably could have written myself in as the foster mother character who is axed in her newly remodeled bathroom by her new foster son, michael. D says Mike is pure evil and there is nothing to do but chain him up and or whack off his head. and while this is probably true, i hated to admit that this child was pure evil. yes its just a movie. I obsess. this is why horror is not my favorite genre. and that mask scares the crap out of me. am a chicken.4. the shining. so I have been working my way through " the scariest movies of all time". the shining is sinister in a whole different way. it is unnerving to see a man slowly fall into.. well... crazy. I actually saw it in college, but had forgotten it. IMDB taught me all kinds of things, like the snow scene was actually really hot and fake snow and that somebody actually typed " all work and no play makes johny a dull boy" over and over. i learned also that the both the young woman in the tub and the old woman in the tub have never been in a movie before or since that one... and also that the little boy in the film had no idea it was a scary movie until he was 17..... and that those creeepy girls are not twins, or even supposed to be twins. this is what i have been doing with my spare time.
so, while we were watching the shining the power went out. I think my heart might have actually stopped beating. however, noone entered the house saying, " im not going to hurt you melodie..." so all is ok now. btw, not sure why we lost power, but is scared me to death sitting around with candles and flashlights waiting for... whatever to get me. this is why I like romantic comedies.




4 comments:
I DIDN'T know this about you! Wow! How did you make it through high school without seeing these horrible things? I love that you gave it a go full-force though...by watching more than one at a time...that's brave.
Isn't IMDB the greatest website ever?! Interesting stuff about the shining.
Have you watched the Nightmares on Elm Streets yet? You should put those next on the list. And I would probably pee my pants if the lights went out whilst watching The Shining. You are a brave one in my book.
Prom night, 1988, a group of us decided to watch ALL of the Friday 13th movies...one after another...and by the 3rd or 4th most of them were asleep. no, not I. and I have to say, they got soooo ridiculous after a while, i just laughed. i guess the only time to watch them is when you're so tired that everything is funny.
I hate horror films as well, give me rom/com any day!
Happy Friday the 13th, Melodie!
Post a Comment