CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

The big trip home.

It was a gorgeous 70 degree day when we stopped in St Louis at the arch. We had hoped to hook up with our friends there and visit the top, but decided we better keep moving to make good time. We did have a Taco Bell picnic under the arch and walked around some.



It was a fantastic afternoon and we loved the views. Freckles and I are reading TOM SAWYER and we enjoyed seeing the Mississippi river and riverboats like in the book.



We also visited the St Louis Catherdral.


We stopped in Abilene, Kansas to get gas and visit the Dwight D Eisenhower memorial. We walked around the grounds, visited the gift center and bought "I like Ike" buttons. It was great to break up the trip a little bit.


By the time we got home it was starting to snow! D was super excited to see us- I think he was lonesome... Thanks again to Mark for the DVD players! made the trip much easier.

2 comments:

stephrudolph said...

Did you seriously take the first arch photo?! It looks like a postcard - great job. I'm so glad you got some time to stop along the way home. Sooo wish I could have been there too.

kymmcs said...

Agree! You are a really good photographer. And candy corn pillow I must say.