Last Sunday was the American Girl Fashion show. I took Freckles and her Bff and we had a fantastic time. We got dressed up, had tea, watched the show and learned some history in the process. A super fun afternoon.
Love that girl. I treasure these days when she still wants to go places with me. The pre-teen attitude has begun to set in and things are not as easy as they once were. I pray that we will understand each other in the coming years, or at least accept each other. I love that little freckle faced girl. I see so much of myself in her. Sometimes she thinks I read her mind. I tell her, " you are only saying that because you are thinking _____". She is amazed, but really I am only telling her what I thought at her age. I get her. I don't always like it though. It is tough to watch your little shadow start to have her own little light. thank you God for this precious girl....This young woman who you designed perfectly. Thank you for her intelligence, her smile, her sense of humor, her talents, her heart. Help me equip her well for the road you already have planned for her.
Love that girl. I treasure these days when she still wants to go places with me. The pre-teen attitude has begun to set in and things are not as easy as they once were. I pray that we will understand each other in the coming years, or at least accept each other. I love that little freckle faced girl. I see so much of myself in her. Sometimes she thinks I read her mind. I tell her, " you are only saying that because you are thinking _____". She is amazed, but really I am only telling her what I thought at her age. I get her. I don't always like it though. It is tough to watch your little shadow start to have her own little light. thank you God for this precious girl....This young woman who you designed perfectly. Thank you for her intelligence, her smile, her sense of humor, her talents, her heart. Help me equip her well for the road you already have planned for her.





2 comments:
I am so glad that you two really enjoyed the American Girl show. What a great way to spend a day. You are so blessed with your family.
How fun! It is scary that they will not always want to go to American Girl Tea Parties. Maya has the best roll model and guide through puberty though, so I have no doubt that she will turn out amazing, just like you.
Post a Comment