CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

New York Friday 5/23/08

I had some stimulation overload. So many people and things to see. New York is so busy and so full of adventure. I loved getting to see Steph's apartment and her neighborhood. We had good food and bad service for the whole weekend. I liked looking in her neighbors windows and making up stories about the people. I looked for rats in the subway ( thankfully none!) and started getting my bearings around the subway. (thanks steph). Friday was our Tourist day- I think we walked more than I had in ages. The last time I had been to New York I was in High School. It was fun to see the city that I see on tv, in movies and read about in books. Stephanie lives on the Upper West side, I loved seeing the little cafe's and shops. We explored a ton- we fit more in the two days that I was there than I could have imagined!

*We visited Ground Zero and went in the church across the street that is dedicated as a memorial. I was truly touched by the place. I remember going there with my parents in 1988. It was amazing to think of the enormity of the buildings and the hole that is left on the skyline and in the hearts of many Americans.





*New York Stock Exchange, Wall Street.


* I made Steph find Trinity Church ( from the movie National Treasure.) It was beautiful and quiet in a sea of commotion. I was able to stop and pray and enjoy the majestic stained glass and beautiful architecture.




*The Brooklyn Bridge was celebrating its 125th anniversary! We walked across and enjoyed the view.


*This is the United States Courthouse from Law and Order. I was so excited to see it.. I picture the stars walking up the steps. I am such a nerd.





* I enjoyed seeing Rockefeller Center and the Plaza outside the Today Show. I remember going here with the CCHS band in 1990. Steph and I shopped at the NBC store. I got a Dunder Mifflin hat for Duane and Steph enjoyed seeing a bobble-head of her friend, Jack, from 30 Rock.


*After dinner at the Italian place in Steph's neighborhood, we went to Times Square. I had only seen during the day as a kid. It was fun to see all the lights and people. I would have liked to make it to see a Broadway show - guess it will save until next time. Maya would have killed me if I had seen Wicked without her again! My first day in New York was exciting and exhausting.

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I really want to go back!! Maybe hubby will take me again. I like all the armed police officers and the knock off purses!

melodie said...

I bought a cute white fake D and C in china town.

kymmcs said...

You are getting fancy with your blog! Go go gadget Melodie!

lesley said...

how fun. the law and oreder steps are very cool