CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

don't grow up

don't grow up. Try to stay little as long as you canYou use such big words at 10. You thought a boy on tv was cute yesterday. You have such a good sense of humor. I love your laugh and your nonsense jokes. I love that you believe in fairies and try to convince others. I love your writings even with the spelling mistakes. I love your brown eyes- just like mine. I love your freckles and the way you wrinkle your nose when you squint in the sun. I miss the "shows" you used to put on for me and the sound of your made up songs. I hate that you have be coerced to bathe. I love that you have such a tender heart. I like being your teacher and your mom. I love being with you. don't grow up.
don't grow up. try to stay little as long as you can. I love your little hand in mine. I love your voice, even when you say "cookie" a hundred times a day. I love your choice in outfits and the way you say the word shoes ( ZHOOOSSS). i love that you eat the whole apple-- even the core if I am not looking. I like to see you dance and twirl and laugh and sing. I like your pony tails and the way your hair smells like baby shampoo and applejuice. I don't like that you color all over all our books, but I like that you have found your artistic side. I love the blue eyes that look just like your daddy's. I love how you hold my shirt between your fingers when you try to sleep. Don't grow up.

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Thanks for the tears. Please don't grow up. Try to remember the good things in your life, the kind things that happened to you & the gracious things you did for others. Please don't remember the harsh words or unkind acts. Please know how much I love you & that without you..well, without you, I wouldn't have been able to be a Mom.

stephrudolph said...

This entry made me want to cry. Thanks for sharing Friend.