I have been caring for my mother in law with D for the last few weeks... is it months? We have had more than our share of ups and downs with her. Most recently, she had hip replacement surgery and is unable to bear weight on it for 6 weeks. She forgets that she can't bear weight and just wants to do everything for herself. It think it would be so hard to be at other people's mercy like she is. She has moved to a skilled nursing facility near our house. She gets very combattive and forgetful sometimes...( blood sugar.... residual effects of anesthesia... old age?) It is taking its toll on my hubby and me.
THE FLU has arrived at our house. We are in various stages of vomitting, diarrhea, fever and colds. This is a good excuse to veg in front of television and watch Christmas movies. We are trying to get into the spirit regardless. I know it is a little early for Christmas cheer, but we need some. Please remember us in your prayers as we try to remember that God is big enough to hold this Mary situation in his hand and that he is small enough to catch every one of our tears.
the new house
3 years ago




3 comments:
Melodie, I am praying for you!! MY heart is burdened with love for your family!
I wish some much that I could be there for you and the fam. Know I am there in spirit praying for you and cheering you on with words !! I am praying for you and dane and the girls everyday. love you
don't let it stay inside you better call me sooner next time and let it out.
I love you :)
Post a Comment