CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

food network







Happy Thanksgiving!

Our first try at thanksgiving...My sweet mister man has been "researching" cooking techniques for turkeys. He has made a brine... a butter dry rub and julienned several vegetables for the broth. So far it smells great. He loves this stuff. Little cookie climbed up on the cabinet and plunged into the homeade whipped cream I had just finished. My first attempt at pecan pie was a disaster...so I made another. My parents will arrive any minute.
Menu:
food network turkey
some fantastic "mean bean" casserole ( I had to make a rue...roo...rhue?)
grandmother's dressing
store-bought rolls
mashed potatos
gravy ( I hope)
Dane's gramma's yams ( I prefer them to sweet pots)
Freckle's first pumpkin pie
second attempt pecan pie with whipped cream
apple cider

M made napkin rings in the shape of pilgrim hats and indian headresses. and she made name placcards.

I am thankful to have such a great family. I am also thankful for all you blessed friends. thanks




3 comments:

kymmcs said...

Can I have a piece of turkey?

stephrudolph said...

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet.

lesley said...

The only thing missing is.... THe HOAGLANDs wish we could see you all. everything looks so perfect.