CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Go to your special place

today was weird. After church, the big girl went home with her friend for the afternoon to play, the little girl fell asleep for a long nap and D was working. I literally didn't know what to do with myself. It seems that if I am not teaching or mommy-ing or wife-ing, I don't know who I am. I talked on the phone to some of my favorite people and then meandered into the kitchen, cleaned and and found myself with nothing to do. I was just opening my second Dove chocolate square and was contemplating who I was, when something caught my eye. Apparently, the Dove company feels it needs to not only provide us with delectable chocolate treats, but also words of advice on the chocolate wrappers. I must admit that I had never noticed this before, as I usually just shove the chocolate in the mouth. However, today I was met with the strange phrase " Go to your special place". what did it mean? where was I supposed to go? who was sending me this message? how did they know I was ancy to go somewhere? I sat on the bed pondering where my "special place" was.

Is it church? I love church. I love fellowship and worship-- I love learning about God and myself. I get filled and am better when I leave. is it church?

is it Starbucks? I love coffeeshops. It smells good and the smell lingers on my clothes. coffee shops make me think of my BFF who used to work long nights making fancy drinks for trendy moms and philosophical wannabes at Heine Bros Coffee. maybe it is a coffeeshop.

Is it Garden of the gods? I love garden of the gods. Yesterday I went there just to walk around for a minute to clear my head. It is a reminder of the beauty of the world and has some mysterious soul-settling power over me. maybe its garden of the gods.

Is it my car? I love the new red car. we call her Suzy. I like to set my ipod to play my favorite tunes and just cruise around town. I like seeing the happy little face behind me in the carseat. Maybe my car?

Old chicago where I met duane? Our favorite Indian Restaurant I go to with Kym? Barnes and Noble? the theatre? my school? The mall? My favorite store in Old Colorado city? the park where I picnic with the girls?

I was tired of thinking - I needed to relax. then it hit me so I went to my special place... the bathtub. We don't have a fancy jet tub---I don't have any bath and body stuff to make huge bubbles---Sometimes it isn't even all that clean, and yet my tub is where I do my best thinking. So there it was, my special place. I felt better- I guess that dove place is on to something...

3 comments:

stephrudolph said...

You just gave me the warm & fuzzies. I'm so glad you ended up finding your place before Charles woke up. :)

kymmcs said...

Now I am wondering where my special place is...(TWSS)

Football and Fried Rice said...

I'm with Steph - with all that darn thinking, you are lucky you found your place before that babe woke up and forced you to figure out a DIFFERENT special place :)