We took Upper Gold Camp road from Colorado Springs to Cripple Creek on Sunday after church. While it was a nervous and long ride, the views were well worth it. I had seen the billboards for the Ice Festival in Cripple Creek and we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day to check it out for ourselves.
This is one of the tunnels dug through the rock on Gold Camp Road. We talked a lot about what it might be like to be a miner in Colorado during the gold rush. We enjoyed the ride, but the dirt road with no guard rails was a trip!
We LOVED the ice festival. It was a cold,but wonderful day. The girls liked driving and riding on the Cinderella carriage made of ice.







4 comments:
I so wish I could have been there to go to the festival with you. I am especially intrigued with the "back-road adventure." Next visit - that's on the list.
Wish we were there. Glad your new red suv made the trip okay. Cool sculptures! Miss you too! (btw, that pic I didn't take of the flip flop, but it's the same color as mine, and it was floating in about as much water, just too fast to take a photo! ha ha)
That looks so fun! I have never been to Cripple Creek ever. Maybe that's another FireKeepers adventure.
great pics, the ice sculptures are so neat. wish we could be there with you all.
Post a Comment