CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

that darn list

Well, I made this list exactly one year ago today. A list of things I hoped to do in 2009. Let's see how I did...


melodie notes: January 2009: "list

1. finish my book -not even close. In fact it feels further away than before... hope to change that
2. learn some painting technique-nope
3. have a kentucky Derby party -We went to J and J's house for party and I made derby pie...
4. Read 6 books -done. If you count the books I read with Freckles,which I totally do.
5. knit a hat with my new pattern knitted 4 actually. yea me.
6. renew my teaching license -done. wouldn't have finished teaching last year without it.
7. ride a horse not yet
8. ice skate with M - no, but going to take her this weekend.
9. sing in public - yes. and played guitar
10. volunteer my time - not as much as I would have liked, but did volunteer at church and school
11. plan 4 romantic dates with D - 2 romantic and several just fun. looking forward to more.
12. Read a book everyday to C -most days we read, but not every day.
13. organize my paperwork- get new system - Yikes. not even
14. Post that box of stuff on Craigs list-nope
15. Write a letter on Sundays - wrote about 17. hope to do better.
16. make a big picture plan with D - not yet
17. capture some memories of his mom for D to keep -still hope to do
18. learn to take a good picture -ha.
19. get a new camera - We did, but its not a good one. still hoping...
20. ride my mountain bike on a trail -nope
21. dance with D - did. he's a good dancer.
22. Dance in the rain with the girls -forgot about this one.
23. pick people over tasks -always room for improvement here too.
24. read my Bible - again there is always room for improvement.
25. camp in the backyard ( maybe not the whole night) -no but we did camp in living room...
26. decorate guest room not yet
27. finish project lists --no end in sight.
28. take some violin lessons maybe this year.
29. go bird watching nope
30. climb another fourteener nope
31. celebrate my sister's birthday with her- it's a big one. yes! it was super fun. H B Lesley
32. decide that I don't have to always be right a constant stuggle
33. start my masters nope
34. plant a tree -gave a blue spruce to parents to plant on their property.
35. stick to our budget -ha. maybe 2010.

1 comments:

stephrudolph said...

Wow! I like this - I like that you were brave enough to put the list up even with "nope" next to some of them. You've inspired me to put my list up from last year & I will also post my upcoming 2010 list which is still a bit in the works.

Bird watching - that one surprised me. :)