CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

changes in 2010

It's a new year...a fresh start... a clean slate. Monk would be pleased with 2010. It is so even perfect and ten is Monk's favorite number. I am ready for change. Ready for hope. Ready to FEEL better...ready to DO better... ready to BE better. I am shaking the dust from my shoes in 2009 and stepping into 2010 with a hopeful heart.

CHANGE.

The first and most obvious change of 2010 is that my sweet homeschooled fifth grader will be starting public school at our local elementary school. After much discussion she is excited about the possiblities. She already knows a few kids who go there and looks forward to joining the choir and enrichment groups. Her BFF is there and the two of them are looking forward to lunch discussions and together time at recess. I am excited that M will have other things and people in her life. She and I are so close that sometimes I feel that she takes on my grown-up worries. I think she will do better if she has other things going on in her life.

CHANGE.

I am afraid that little cookie has some food allergies. dairy or nuts...it's hard to tell. she has been breaking out around her mouth and having some digestive issues. I am hoping to get her into a food allergist soon. I also worry about her skin. It seems so dry and has blotchy red spots at times. I am at a loss... Also, please remember little cookies foot in your prayers. We return to orthopedic later this week....

CHANGE.

My parents are moving into their new house in the woods. It is a beautiful new house. I will miss that old house though. I cried last week when I left it for the last time. It is HOME to me. They moved there in 1979 right before my little sister was born. It is a special place, full of (mostly good) memories and hard wood floors. I know that even if I return there (lesley's house?) in the future, it will not be the same. While there is a little melancholy left in my heart about the end of this season of my life, I am embracing the change of a new house, new memories, new home.

CHANGE.

Marriage is hard. Harder than I thought. After a particularly hard 2009, D and I look forward to a fresh start in 2010. I am through with wanting D to fill the misisng parts in my soul that only God can can fill. I want to be a better Me. Am hopeful for this year with my man. We are praying that he can find some answers to some medical problems he has been facing and that he and I will continue to grow closer to each other.

CHANGE. change is good.

1 comments:

stephrudolph said...

I like this posting. Change IS good...it might not feel like it at the time, but soon, you will be so used to the "new way" that you can't imagine going back to the "old way."
I'm excited & scared & anxious for both you & Maya as she goes back to school - that is a HUGE change.
Sad news that Cookie is having problems - keep me up to date on what you find out about the allergies. Keeping her little foot in my thoughts.