CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the foot

This is where we started two years ago. Little cookie had a club foot. When this picture was taken, I was in denial thinking that her legs had just been twisted in utero. Right after this picture was taken we met Liz our physical therapist. We began a treatment plan to correct what I learned was a club foot birth defect.

The road with Club foot has been rocky. I was admiring those precious toes just this morning with cookie on my lap. Clearly, the right foot still curves a little to toward the center. After all that work to straighten it out, it is so much better, but has lost some ground from where we were last year. Today we re-started Physical Therapy. they are hoping to straighten the foot out some more through a series of casts. this first one, is a brutal blow to a very active girl. She calls it her
"ow-wee". Incidently, she is the one who asked for "pup-le" as it is the only color she can say.

We plan to tell nosey people that she is a stunt skier who takes too many risks. My precious little cookie is having a very hard night with her cast.


Heavenly Father.. Please heel this precious foot. I know you are able. I am amazed at how far you have brought us. This club foot doesn't compare to what other parents may be dealing with for their precious ones--We see sad situations at therapy when we go. Even though it may not be a worst case situation- it is a hardship for her. Lord I ask you for healing for this foot. give me wisdom to be a good mom for her and meet her needs. Thank you for all your blessings. amen

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Cookie, you have come so FAR!!!! Your precious little foot is beautiful :) I love you guys!!!!!

Christine Butler said...

Wow, she has come along way from birth - I never knew how it was at the beginning. I LOVE Cookie's pigtails! And purple looks good on her. We're praying for you and her!

kymmcs said...

Poor owie. She is a trooper though. I am excited that it will work this time though. What color is the next cast going to be?

melodie said...

new cast is red. she is very stylish