Well, today we experimented with finger paints. It was a huge success ( if you measure artistic success by the amount of color on your hands and face.). cookie was reluctant at first to really get in the paint, but by the end of it all the paper was covered with paint... so was the table, the face, the chair, the floor...


Steph- notice the artist smock-- it is from you.
This is from a few weeks ago, Freckles did a watercolor interpretation of the temple of Heaven in the Forbidden city during our China unit in home school. this masterpiece will soon be showing in the children's section of the library.
Here is the barrette hanger that I made today with my glue gun. It wasn't exactly what I had planned, but it will get the job done and it matches C's room. It felt to work on ( and complete) a project today. Looking forward to 70 degree weather tomorrow. Hoping to head out for a hike at Palmer park...




6 comments:
Oh, you have been busy!! What a fun, creative Mama!!! I LOVE Cookie's barrette holder :) Of course I would!!
I noticed the little union jack apron as soon as your blog popped up! I'm so excited that that little thing is still providing coverage for the little artists in your life. :) I don't know what you aren't ass happy as you'd hoped with the barrette holder; I really like it!
That's adorable, Melodie!
looks like fun's going on at your house!
70 degree weather, we dream about it. today the temp dropped a bit, it's been raining for about a week now, so it's about time it cooled off...
my computer died, hence the silence. that's a record for me, one month. hopefully we can get it fixed...
You have the most creative family ever. Wanna be friends?
LOVE it!! I still have finger paintings like this that Hannah-Bo did when she was that age. I had them laminated and we still use them for place mats occasionally. The Wild Man wasn't much for getting paint all over his hands. LOL
Post a Comment