This past Sunday after church, we went to the Numismatic Museum in downtown Colorado Springs. D and his dad both collected money, so we enjoy seeing these displays. Freckles enjoyed doing a scavenger hunt from the library all around the museum. D liked seeing the very rare coins in the collection. I entertained Cookie and looked the "Good, Bad and Ugly- faces on Money" exhibit.
We tried La'au's taco bar for lunch. It is a taco stand tucked away in an alley near Colorado College. I liked their fish tacos.
On Tuesday, we went to to the Olympic training center. We hadn't been in years and wanted to go while the Olympics were going on.
M is a huge Volleyball fan these days. She wrote to Misty May- Treanor this week to ask for an autograph. We have watched all the matches, and she begins volleyball at the YMCA in a week.
D trained at the Olympic Training center for Team Handball in the 90's, His knee problems really put a damper on his Olympic team handball and Raquetball dreams. He tried to explain the complicated rules to his future olympic hopeful, M.










4 comments:
I didn't know your hubby trained at the OTC - how cool is that? What a fun way to spend that rainy Sunday!! No wonder you had time to chat about the message, it was a great family day!!
Sounds so fun. I love the one of D explaining the rules of racketball to maya. The one of the three of you on the olympics with cookie just looking at you like what in the world is my mom doing.
looks like you all had a nice end of summer day . wish we were with you.
I love the new blog format...very much a coffeehouse funk-vibe.
Post a Comment